1. And it came to pass in the ninth year of his reign, in the tenth
month, in the tenth day of the month, that Nebuchadnezzar king of
Babylon came, he, and all his host, against Jerusalem, and pitched
against it; and they built forts against it round about.
2. And the city was besieged unto the eleventh year of king
3. And on the ninth day of the fourth month the famine prevailed in
the city, and there was no bread for the people of the land.
4. And the city was broken up, and all the men of war fled by night
by the way of the gate between two walls, which is by the king's
garden: (now the Chaldees were against the city round about:) and the
king went the way toward the plain.
5. And the army of the Chaldees pursued after the king, and overtook
him in the plains of Jericho: and all his army were scattered from
6. So they took the king, and brought him up to the king of Babylon
to Riblah; and they gave judgment upon him.
7. And they slew the sons of Zedekiah before his eyes, and put out
the eyes of Zedekiah, and bound him with fetters of brass, and carried
him to Babylon.
8. And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month, which is
the nineteenth year of king Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, came
Nebuzaradan, captain of the guard, a servant of the king of Babylon,
unto Jerusalem: 9. And he burnt the house of the LORD, and the
king's house, and all the houses of Jerusalem, and every great man's
house burnt he with fire.
10. And all the army of the Chaldees, that were with the captain of
the guard, brake down the walls of Jerusalem round about.
11. Now the rest of the people that were left in the city, and the
fugitives that fell away to the king of Babylon, with the remnant of
the multitude, did Nebuzaradan the captain of the guard carry away.
12. But the captain of the guard left of the door of the poor of the
land to be vinedressers and husbandmen.
13. And the pillars of brass that were in the house of the LORD, and
the bases, and the brasen sea that was in the house of the LORD, did
the Chaldees break in pieces, and carried the brass of them to
14. And the pots, and the shovels, and the snuffers, and the spoons,
and all the vessels of brass wherewith they ministered, took they
15. And the firepans, and the bowls, and such things as were of
gold, in gold, and of silver, in silver, the captain of the guard took
16. The two pillars, one sea, and the bases which Solomon had made
for the house of the LORD; the brass of all these vessels was without
17. The height of the one pillar was eighteen cubits, and the
chapiter upon it was brass: and the height of the chapiter three
cubits; and the wreathen work, and pomegranates upon the chapiter
round about, all of brass: and like unto these had the second pillar
with wreathen work.
18. And the captain of the guard took Seraiah the chief priest, and
Zephaniah the second priest, and the three keepers of the door: 19.