1. Now these are they that came to David to Ziklag, while he yet
kept himself close because of Saul the son of Kish: and they were
among the mighty men, helpers of the war.
2. They were armed with bows, and could use both the right hand and
the left in hurling stones and shooting arrows out of a bow, even of
Saul's brethren of Benjamin.
3. The chief was Ahiezer, then Joash, the sons of Shemaah the
Gibeathite; and Jeziel, and Pelet, the sons of Azmaveth; and Berachah,
and Jehu the Antothite.
4. And Ismaiah the Gibeonite, a mighty man among the thirty, and
over the thirty; and Jeremiah, and Jahaziel, and Johanan, and Josabad
the Gederathite, 5. Eluzai, and Jerimoth, and Bealiah, and
Shemariah, and Shephatiah the Haruphite, 6. Elkanah, and Jesiah, and
Azareel, and Joezer, and Jashobeam, the Korhites, 7. And Joelah, and
Zebadiah, the sons of Jeroham of Gedor.
8. And of the Gadites there separated themselves unto David into the
hold to the wilderness men of might, and men of war fit for the
battle, that could handle shield and buckler, whose faces were like
the faces of lions, and were as swift as the roes upon the mountains;
9. Ezer the first, Obadiah the second, Eliab the third, 10.