1. Now the sons of Reuben the firstborn of Israel, (for he was the
firstborn; but forasmuch as he defiled his father's bed, his
birthright was given unto the sons of Joseph the son of Israel: and
the genealogy is not to be reckoned after the birthright.
2. For Judah prevailed above his brethren, and of him came the chief
ruler; but the birthright was Joseph's:) 3. The sons, I say, of
Reuben the firstborn of Israel were, Hanoch, and Pallu, Hezron, and
4. The sons of Joel; Shemaiah his son, Gog his son, Shimei his son,
5. Micah his son, Reaia his son, Baal his son, 6. Beerah his son,
whom Tilgathpilneser king of Assyria carried away captive: he was
prince of the Reubenites.
7. And his brethren by their families, when the genealogy of their
generations was reckoned, were the chief, Jeiel, and Zechariah, 8.