1. These are now the chief of their fathers, and this is the
genealogy of them that went up with me from Babylon, in the reign of
Artaxerxes the king.
2. Of the sons of Phinehas; Gershom: of the sons of Ithamar; Daniel:
of the sons of David; Hattush.
3. Of the sons of Shechaniah, of the sons of Pharosh; Zechariah: and
with him were reckoned by genealogy of the males an hundred and fifty.
4. Of the sons of Pahathmoab; Elihoenai the son of Zerahiah, and with
him two hundred males.
5. Of the sons of Shechaniah; the son of Jahaziel, and with him three
6. Of the sons also of Adin; Ebed the son of Jonathan, and with him
7. And of the sons of Elam; Jeshaiah the son of Athaliah, and with
him seventy males.
8. And of the sons of Shephatiah; Zebadiah the son of Michael, and
with him fourscore males.
9. Of the sons of Joab; Obadiah the son of Jehiel, and with him two
hundred and eighteen males.
10. And of the sons of Shelomith; the son of Josiphiah, and with him
an hundred and threescore males.
11. And of the sons of Bebai; Zechariah the son of Bebai, and with
him twenty and eight males.
12. And of the sons of Azgad; Johanan the son of Hakkatan, and with
him an hundred and ten males.
13. And of the last sons of Adonikam, whose names are these,
Eliphelet, Jeiel, and Shemaiah, and with them threescore males.
14. Of the sons also of Bigvai; Uthai, and Zabbud, and with them
15. And I gathered them together to the river that runneth to Ahava;
and there abode we in tents three days: and I viewed the people, and
the priests, and found there none of the sons of Levi.
16. Then sent I for Eliezer, for Ariel, for Shemaiah, and for
Elnathan, and for Jarib, and for Elnathan, and for Nathan, and for
Zechariah, and for Meshullam, chief men; also for Joiarib, and for
Elnathan, men of understanding.
17. And I sent them with commandment unto Iddo the chief at the place
Casiphia, and I told them what they should say unto Iddo, and to his
brethren the Nethinims, at the place Casiphia, that they should bring
unto us ministers for the house of our God.
18. And by the good hand of our God upon us they brought us a man of
understanding, of the sons of Mahli, the son of Levi, the son of
Israel; and Sherebiah, with his sons and his brethren, eighteen; 19.