1. Now it came to pass on the third day, that Esther put on her royal
apparel, and stood in the inner court of the king's house, over
against the king's house: and the king sat upon his royal throne in
the royal house, over against the gate of the house.
2. And it was so, when the king saw Esther the queen standing in the
court, that she obtained favour in his sight: and the king held out to
Esther the golden sceptre that was in his hand. So Esther drew near,
and touched the top of the sceptre.
3. Then said the king unto her, What wilt thou, queen Esther? and
what is thy request? it shall be even given thee to the half of the
4. And Esther answered, If it seem good unto the king, let the king
and Haman come this day unto the banquet that I have prepared for him.
5. Then the king said, Cause Haman to make haste, that he may do as
Esther hath said. So the king and Haman came to the banquet that
Esther had prepared.
6. And the king said unto Esther at the banquet of wine, What is thy
petition? and it shall be granted thee: and what is thy request? even
to the half of the kingdom it shall be performed.
7. Then answered Esther, and said, My petition and my request is; 8.