1. And Job answered and said, 2. No doubt but ye are the people,
and wisdom shall die with you.
3. But I have understanding as well as you; I am not inferior to
you: yea, who knoweth not such things as these? 4. I am as one
mocked of his neighbour, who calleth upon God, and he answereth him:
the just upright man is laughed to scorn.
5. He that is ready to slip with his feet is as a lamp despised in
the thought of him that is at ease.
6. The tabernacles of robbers prosper, and they that provoke God are
secure; into whose hand God bringeth abundantly.
7. But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls
of the air, and they shall tell thee: 8. Or speak to the earth, and
it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto
9. Who knoweth not in all these that the hand of the LORD hath
wrought this? 10. In whose hand is the soul of every living thing,
and the breath of all mankind.
11. Doth not the ear try words? and the mouth taste his meat? 12.