1. Knowest thou the time when the wild goats of the rock bring
forth? or canst thou mark when the hinds do calve? 2. Canst thou
number the months that they fulfil? or knowest thou the time when they
bring forth? 3. They bow themselves, they bring forth their young
ones, they cast out their sorrows.
4. Their young ones are in good liking, they grow up with corn; they
go forth, and return not unto them.
5. Who hath sent out the wild ass free? or who hath loosed the bands
of the wild ass? 6. Whose house I have made the wilderness, and the
barren land his dwellings.
7. He scorneth the multitude of the city, neither regardeth he the
crying of the driver.
8. The range of the mountains is his pasture, and he searcheth after
every green thing.
9. Will the unicorn be willing to serve thee, or abide by thy crib?
10. Canst thou bind the unicorn with his band in the furrow? or will
he harrow the valleys after thee? 11. Wilt thou trust him, because
his strength is great? or wilt thou leave thy labour to him? 12.