1. And he commanded the steward of his house, saying, Fill the men's
sacks with food, as much as they can carry, and put every man's money
in his sack's mouth.
2. And put my cup, the silver cup, in the sack's mouth of the
youngest, and his corn money. And he did according to the word that
Joseph had spoken.
3. As soon as the morning was light, the men were sent away, they
and their asses.
4. And when they were gone out of the city, and not yet far off,
Joseph said unto his steward, Up, follow after the men; and when thou
dost overtake them, say unto them, Wherefore have ye rewarded evil for
good? 5. Is not this it in which my lord drinketh, and whereby
indeed he divineth? ye have done evil in so doing.
6. And he overtook them, and he spake unto them these same words.
7. And they said unto him, Wherefore saith my lord these words? God
forbid that thy servants should do according to this thing: 8.