1. Then Joseph could not refrain himself before all them that stood
by him; and he cried, Cause every man to go out from me. And there
stood no man with him, while Joseph made himself known unto his
2. And he wept aloud: and the Egyptians and the house of Pharaoh
3. And Joseph said unto his brethren, I am Joseph; doth my father
yet live? And his brethren could not answer him; for they were
troubled at his presence.
4. And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you.
And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye
sold into Egypt.
5. Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye
sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life.
6. For these two years hath the famine been in the land: and yet
there are five years, in the which there shall neither be earing nor
7. And God sent me before you to preserve you a posterity in the
earth, and to save your lives by a great deliverance.
8. So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath
made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler
throughout all the land of Egypt.
9. Haste ye, and go up to my father, and say unto him, Thus saith
thy son Joseph, God hath made me lord of all Egypt: come down unto me,
tarry not: 10. And thou shalt dwell in the land of Goshen, and thou
shalt be near unto me, thou, and thy children, and thy children's
children, and thy flocks, and thy herds, and all that thou hast: 11.