1. Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth
reproof is brutish.
2. A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD: but a man of wicked
devices will he condemn.
3. A man shall not be established by wickedness: but the root of the
righteous shall not be moved.
4. A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh
ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.
5. The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the
wicked are deceit.
6. The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the
mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
7. The wicked are overthrown, and are not: but the house of the
righteous shall stand.
8. A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is
of a perverse heart shall be despised.
9. He that is despised, and hath a servant, is better than he that
honoureth himself, and lacketh bread.
10. A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender
mercies of the wicked are cruel.
11. He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he
that followeth vain persons is void of understanding.
12. The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the
righteous yieldeth fruit.
13. The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the
just shall come out of trouble.
14. A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth:
and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.
15. The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that
hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
16. A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth
17. He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false
18. There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the
tongue of the wise is health.
19. The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying
tongue is but for a moment.
20. Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the
counsellors of peace is joy.
21. There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be
filled with mischief.
22. Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly
are his delight.
23. A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools
24. The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall
be under tribute.
25. Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word
maketh it glad.
26. The righteous is more excellent than his neighbour: but the way
of the wicked seduceth them.
27. The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but
the substance of a diligent man is precious.
28. In the way of righteousness is life: and in the pathway thereof
there is no death.