1. My son, if thou be surety for thy friend, if thou hast stricken
thy hand with a stranger, 2. Thou art snared with the words of thy
mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth.
3. Do this now, my son, and deliver thyself, when thou art come into
the hand of thy friend; go, humble thyself, and make sure thy friend.
4. Give not sleep to thine eyes, nor slumber to thine eyelids.
5. Deliver thyself as a roe from the hand of the hunter, and as a
bird from the hand of the fowler.
6. Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise: 7.