2. A grievous vision is declared unto me; the treacherous dealer
dealeth treacherously, and the spoiler spoileth. Go up, O Elam:
besiege, O Media; all the sighing thereof have I made to cease.
3. Therefore are my loins filled with pain: pangs have taken hold
upon me, as the pangs of a woman that travaileth: I was bowed down at
the hearing of it; I was dismayed at the seeing of it.
4. My heart panted, fearfulness affrighted me: the night of my
pleasure hath he turned into fear unto me.
5. Prepare the table, watch in the watchtower, eat, drink: arise, ye
princes, and anoint the shield.
6. For thus hath the LORD said unto me, Go, set a watchman, let him
declare what he seeth.
7. And he saw a chariot with a couple of horsemen, a chariot of
asses, and a chariot of camels; and he hearkened diligently with much
heed: 8. And he cried, A lion: My lord, I stand continually upon the
watchtower in the daytime, and I am set in my ward whole nights: 9.