1. Against Moab thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Woe
unto Nebo! for it is spoiled: Kiriathaim is confounded and taken:
Misgab is confounded and dismayed.
2. There shall be no more praise of Moab: in Heshbon they have
devised evil against it; come, and let us cut it off from being a
nation. Also thou shalt be cut down, O Madmen; the sword shall pursue
3. A voice of crying shall be from Horonaim, spoiling and great
4. Moab is destroyed; her little ones have caused a cry to be heard.
5. For in the going up of Luhith continual weeping shall go up; for
in the going down of Horonaim the enemies have heard a cry of
6. Flee, save your lives, and be like the heath in the wilderness.
7. For because thou hast trusted in thy works and in thy treasures,
thou shalt also be taken: and Chemosh shall go forth into captivity
with his priests and his princes together.
8. And the spoiler shall come upon every city, and no city shall
escape: the valley also shall perish, and the plain shall be
destroyed, as the LORD hath spoken.
9. Give wings unto Moab, that it may flee and get away: for the
cities thereof shall be desolate, without any to dwell therein.
10. Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and
cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
11. Moab hath been at ease from his youth, and he hath settled on
his lees, and hath not been emptied from vessel to vessel, neither
hath he gone into captivity: therefore his taste remained in him, and
his scent is not changed.
12. Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will
send unto him wanderers, that shall cause him to wander, and shall
empty his vessels, and break their bottles.
13. And Moab shall be ashamed of Chemosh, as the house of Israel was
ashamed of Bethel their confidence.
14. How say ye, We are mighty and strong men for the war? 15.