1. Again in the ninth year, in the tenth month, in the tenth day of
the month, the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 2. Son of man,
write thee the name of the day, even of this same day: the king of
Babylon set himself against Jerusalem this same day.
3. And utter a parable unto the rebellious house, and say unto them,
Thus saith the Lord GOD; Set on a pot, set it on, and also pour water
into it: 4. Gather the pieces thereof into it, even every good
piece, the thigh, and the shoulder; fill it with the choice bones.
5. Take the choice of the flock, and burn also the bones under it,
and make it boil well, and let them seethe the bones of it therein.
6. Wherefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Woe to the bloody city, to the
pot whose scum is therein, and whose scum is not gone out of it! bring
it out piece by piece; let no lot fall upon it.
7. For her blood is in the midst of her; she set it upon the top of
a rock; she poured it not upon the ground, to cover it with dust; 8.