1. And it came to pass in the twelfth year, in the twelfth month, in
the first day of the month, that the word of the LORD came unto me,
saying, 2. Son of man, take up a lamentation for Pharaoh king of
Egypt, and say unto him, Thou art like a young lion of the nations,
and thou art as a whale in the seas: and thou camest forth with thy
rivers, and troubledst the waters with thy feet, and fouledst their
3. Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will therefore spread out my net over
thee with a company of many people; and they shall bring thee up in my
4. Then will I leave thee upon the land, I will cast thee forth upon
the open field, and will cause all the fowls of the heaven to remain
upon thee, and I will fill the beasts of the whole earth with thee.
5. And I will lay thy flesh upon the mountains, and fill the valleys
with thy height.
6. I will also water with thy blood the land wherein thou swimmest,
even to the mountains; and the rivers shall be full of thee.
7. And when I shall put thee out, I will cover the heaven, and make
the stars thereof dark; I will cover the sun with a cloud, and the
moon shall not give her light.
8. All the bright lights of heaven will I make dark over thee, and
set darkness upon thy land, saith the Lord GOD.
9. I will also vex the hearts of many people, when I shall bring thy
destruction among the nations, into the countries which thou hast not
10. Yea, I will make many people amazed at thee, and their kings
shall be horribly afraid for thee, when I shall brandish my sword
before them; and they shall tremble at every moment, every man for his
own life, in the day of thy fall.
11. For thus saith the Lord GOD; The sword of the king of Babylon
shall come upon thee.
12. By the swords of the mighty will I cause thy multitude to fall,
the terrible of the nations, all of them: and they shall spoil the
pomp of Egypt, and all the multitude thereof shall be destroyed.
13. I will destroy also all the beasts thereof from beside the great
waters; neither shall the foot of man trouble them any more, nor the
hoofs of beasts trouble them.
14. Then will I make their waters deep, and cause their rivers to
run like oil, saith the Lord GOD.
15. When I shall make the land of Egypt desolate, and the country
shall be destitute of that whereof it was full, when I shall smite all
them that dwell therein, then shall they know that I am the LORD.
16. This is the lamentation wherewith they shall lament her: the
daughters of the nations shall lament her: they shall lament for her,
even for Egypt, and for all her multitude, saith the Lord GOD.
17. It came to pass also in the twelfth year, in the fifteenth day
of the month, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 18.