1. Nebuchadnezzar the king, unto all people, nations, and languages,
that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied unto you.
2. I thought it good to shew the signs and wonders that the high God
hath wrought toward me.
3. How great are his signs! and how mighty are his wonders! his
kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion is from generation
4. I Nebuchadnezzar was at rest in mine house, and flourishing in my
palace: 5. I saw a dream which made me afraid, and the thoughts upon
my bed and the visions of my head troubled me.
6. Therefore made I a decree to bring in all the wise men of Babylon
before me, that they might make known unto me the interpretation of
7. Then came in the magicians, the astrologers, the Chaldeans, and
the soothsayers: and I told the dream before them; but they did not
make known unto me the interpretation thereof.
8. But at the last Daniel came in before me, whose name was
Belteshazzar, according to the name of my God, and in whom is the
spirit of the holy gods: and before him I told the dream, saying, 9.