1. And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto the priests the sons of
Aaron, and say unto them, There shall none be defiled for the dead
among his people: 2. But for his kin, that is near unto him, that
is, for his mother, and for his father, and for his son, and for his
daughter, and for his brother.
3. And for his sister a virgin, that is nigh unto him, which hath
had no husband; for her may he be defiled.
4. But he shall not defile himself, being a chief man among his
people, to profane himself.
5. They shall not make baldness upon their head, neither shall they
shave off the corner of their beard, nor make any cuttings in their
6. They shall be holy unto their God, and not profane the name of
their God: for the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and the bread
of their God, they do offer: therefore they shall be holy.
7. They shall not take a wife that is a whore, or profane; neither
shall they take a woman put away from her husband: for he is holy unto
8. Thou shalt sanctify him therefore; for he offereth the bread of
thy God: he shall be holy unto thee: for I the LORD, which sanctify
you, am holy.
9. And the daughter of any priest, if she profane herself by playing
the whore, she profaneth her father: she shall be burnt with fire.
10. And he that is the high priest among his brethren, upon whose
head the anointing oil was poured, and that is consecrated to put on
the garments, shall not uncover his head, nor rend his clothes; 11.