1. Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins,
which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2. And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3. They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with
them: 4. But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5. While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6. And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom
cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7. Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8. And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our
lamps are gone out.
9. But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough
for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for
10. And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that
were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11. Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open
12. But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13. Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour
wherein the Son of man cometh.
14. For the kingdom of heaven is as a man travelling into a far
country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his
15. And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to
another one; to every man according to his several ability; and
straightway took his journey.
16. Then he that had received the five talents went and traded with
the same, and made them other five talents.
17. And likewise he that had received two, he also gained other two.
18. But he that had received one went and digged in the earth, and
hid his lord's money.
19. After a long time the lord of those servants cometh, and
reckoneth with them.
20. And so he that had received five talents came and brought other
five talents, saying, Lord, thou deliveredst unto me five talents:
behold, I have gained beside them five talents more.
21. His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful
servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee
ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
22. He also that had received two talents came and said, Lord, thou
deliveredst unto me two talents: behold, I have gained two other
talents beside them.
23. His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant;
thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over
many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.
24. Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I
knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown,
and gathering where thou hast not strawed: 25. And I was afraid, and
went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is
26. His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful
servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where
I have not strawed: 27. Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money
to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine
own with usury.
28. Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which
hath ten talents.
29. For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have
abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that
which he hath.
30. And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there
shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
31. When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy
angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: 32.