1. And Saul was consenting unto his death. And at that time there was
a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem; and
they were all scattered abroad throughout the regions of Judaea and
Samaria, except the apostles.
2. And devout men carried Stephen to his burial, and made great
lamentation over him.
3. As for Saul, he made havock of the church, entering into every
house, and haling men and women committed them to prison.
4. Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where
preaching the word.
5. Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ
6. And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which
Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
7. For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that
were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were
lame, were healed.
8. And there was great joy in that city.
9. But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the
same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving
out that himself was some great one: 10. To whom they all gave heed,
from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of
11. And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had
bewitched them with sorceries.
12. But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the
kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both
men and women.
13. Then Simon himself believed also: and when he was baptized, he
continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signs
which were done.
14. Now when the apostles which were at Jerusalem heard that Samaria
had received the word of God, they sent unto them Peter and John: 15.