1. Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with
Barnabas, and took Titus with me also.
2. And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that
gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which
were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in
3. But neither Titus, who was with me, being a Greek, was compelled
to be circumcised: 4. And that because of false brethren unawares
brought in, who came in privily to spy out our liberty which we have
in Christ Jesus, that they might bring us into bondage: 5. To whom we
gave place by subjection, no, not for an hour; that the truth of the
gospel might continue with you.
6. But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it
maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who
seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: 7. But
contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was
committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;
8. (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of
the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) 9.