1. Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us
free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
2. Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ
shall profit you nothing.
3. For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a
debtor to do the whole law.
4. Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are
justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
5. For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by
6. For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor
uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
7. Ye did run well; who did hinder you that ye should not obey the
truth? 8. This persuasion cometh not of him that calleth you.
9. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
10. I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none
otherwise minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment,
whosoever he be.
11. And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet
suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.
12. I would they were even cut off which trouble you.
13. For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not
liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
14. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou
shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
15. But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not
consumed one of another.
16. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the
lust of the flesh.
17. For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against
the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye
cannot do the things that ye would.
18. But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19. Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these;
Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20. Idolatry,
witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions,
heresies, 21. Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such
like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time
past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of
22. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering,
gentleness, goodness, faith, 23. Meekness, temperance: against such
there is no law.
24. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the
affections and lusts.
25. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another,
envying one another.