1. Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 2. And walk
in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us
an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
3. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not
be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4. Neither filthiness,
nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather
giving of thanks.
5. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor
covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom
of Christ and of God.
6. Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these
things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7. Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8. For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord:
walk as children of light: 9. (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all
goodness and righteousness and truth;) 10. Proving what is acceptable
unto the Lord.
11. And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but
rather reprove them.
12. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of
them in secret.
13. But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light:
for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14. Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the
dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16. Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of
the Lord is.
18. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with
the Spirit; 19. Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and
spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
20. Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in
the name of our Lord Jesus Christ; 21. Submitting yourselves one to
another in the fear of God.
22. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the
23. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the
head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives
be to their own husbands in every thing.
25. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church,
and gave himself for it; 26. That he might sanctify and cleanse it
with the washing of water by the word, 27. That he might present it
to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such
thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
28. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that
loveth his wife loveth himself.
29. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and
cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: 30. For we are members of
his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
31. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall
be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the
33. Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife
even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.