1. And it came to pass on the day that Moses had fully set up the
tabernacle, and had anointed it, and sanctified it, and all the
instruments thereof, both the altar and all the vessels thereof, and
had anointed them, and sanctified them; 2. That the princes of
Israel, heads of the house of their fathers, who were the princes of
the tribes, and were over them that were numbered, offered: 3. And
they brought their offering before the LORD, six covered wagons, and
twelve oxen; a wagon for two of the princes, and for each one an ox:
and they brought them before the tabernacle.
4. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 5. Take it of them, that
they may be to do the service of the tabernacle of the congregation;
and thou shalt give them unto the Levites, to every man according to
6. And Moses took the wagons and the oxen, and gave them unto the
7. Two wagons and four oxen he gave unto the sons of Gershon,
according to their service: 8. And four wagons and eight oxen he gave
unto the sons of Merari, according unto their service, under the hand
of Ithamar the son of Aaron the priest.
9. But unto the sons of Kohath he gave none: because the service of
the sanctuary belonging unto them was that they should bear upon their
10. And the princes offered for dedicating of the altar in the day
that it was anointed, even the princes offered their offering before
11. And the LORD said unto Moses, They shall offer their offering,
each prince on his day, for the dedicating of the altar.
12. And he that offered his offering the first day was Nahshon the
son of Amminadab, of the tribe of Judah: 13. And his offering was one
silver charger, the weight thereof was an hundred and thirty shekels,
one silver bowl of seventy shekels, after the shekel of the sanctuary;
both of them were full of fine flour mingled with oil for a meat
offering: 14. One spoon of ten shekels of gold, full of incense: 15.