1. Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling,
consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus;
2. Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was
faithful in all his house.
3. For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch
as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.
4. For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all
things is God.
5. And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for
a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; 6. But
Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold
fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.
7. Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his
voice, 8. Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day
of temptation in the wilderness: 9. When your fathers tempted me,
proved me, and saw my works forty years.
10. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do
alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
11. So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) 12.