1. James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ,
to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
2. My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers
temptations; 3. Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh
4. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and
entire, wanting nothing.
5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all
men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth
is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the
8. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
9. Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted: 10.