1. These are the words of the covenant, which the LORD commanded
Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside
the covenant which he made with them in Horeb.
2. And Moses called unto all Israel, and said unto them, Ye have
seen all that the LORD did before your eyes in the land of Egypt unto
Pharaoh, and unto all his servants, and unto all his land; 3. The
great temptations which thine eyes have seen, the signs, and those
great miracles: 4. Yet the LORD hath not given you an heart to
perceive, and eyes to see, and ears to hear, unto this day.
5. And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes
are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy
6. Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong
drink: that ye might know that I am the LORD your God.
7. And when ye came unto this place, Sihon the king of Heshbon, and
Og the king of Bashan, came out against us unto battle, and we smote
them: 8. And we took their land, and gave it for an inheritance unto
the Reubenites, and to the Gadites, and to the half tribe of Manasseh.
9. Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye
may prosper in all that ye do.
10. Ye stand this day all of you before the LORD your God; your
captains of your tribes, your elders, and your officers, with all the
men of Israel, 11. Your little ones, your wives, and thy stranger
that is in thy camp, from the hewer of thy wood unto the drawer of thy
water: 12. That thou shouldest enter into covenant with the LORD thy
God, and into his oath, which the LORD thy God maketh with thee this
day: 13. That he may establish thee to day for a people unto
himself, and that he may be unto thee a God, as he hath said unto
thee, and as he hath sworn unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and
14. Neither with you only do I make this covenant and this oath;
15. But with him that standeth here with us this day before the LORD
our God, and also with him that is not here with us this day: 16.